Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all!

This post is kicking off a new line of posts to come...home entertaining! While this post is going to be awful because I decided this after the fact, got super caught up into chatting away, and forgot to take pictures of the details that were actually cute...blah...know they will get better! Yay!

A couple nights ago, the hubs and I decided that we are going to start entertaining more. Ok, I decided that we are going to start entertaining more. Once we became parents, we became AWFUL friends. Plus, I'm a pretty lazy blogger...so I am killing two birds with one stone! Reconnecting with our amazing friends over a home-cooked (or semi-home-cooked) meal and having some fun ideas to blog about. I feel like a winner already! 

Our first victim friend came over for a "Happy Fall Y'all" dinner! We served a tasty spinach and strawberry salad, yummy sauteed veggies, adorable stuffed bell peppers that looked like little jack-o-lanterns, and the super simple dessert of pound cake, strawberries, and cool-whip. I was quite proud because...

Confession: I am not super comfortable in the kitchen. If I don't have a recipe, I seriously panic and don't know what to do! I have had more Pinterest melt downs than should be allowed. So, what I lack with my cooking skills, I make up for with presentation.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned previously....I'm a talker and forgot to take photos! But, I'll share some of the details anyway...

Because I'm crazy...I preset the spaces the evening before....


We kept it simple because I didn't want to scare our friend too badly. We kept our traditional Fiestaware dishes, threw a couple pumpkins on the table, and called it a day! Chalkboard touches created our cheese tray, wine glasses, and place cards. 



We started with a couple appetizers. I'm sure homemade hummus can be simply whipped up...but I'm just not going to do that. So, I took a delicious pre-made hummus and transferred it to one of my Fall serving dishes with baby carrots and celery sticks. I think I picked these up from Target or Wal-Mart a couple years ago for a fairly cheap Fall splash to any dip or treat!


We also threw a couple cheeses on a chalkboard tray...because I love cheese.


And that is where the photos end! But, we have already started planning our November "Friends-Giving"...with details and more Fall cuteness to come! It will be a truly planned and designed little soiree...
so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment